|You could win an awesome Kindle Paperwhite |
just for writing and posting a review of Don't Wait For Me.
There's no question that indie authors need book reviews. These third-party validations help us sell books and tell would-be readers if the book is any good.
So, to encourage you to write a review of Don't Wait For Me, I'm giving away a brand new Kindle Paperwhite to some lucky reader who writes and posts reviews online. ($119 value)
Entering the contest is easy.
- Read Don't Wait For Me in print or eBook.
- Write a text review** and post it on retailer or book lover websites*
- Email the links to email@example.com and tell me your user name (so I can tell it was you!)
- That's it.
* Where can you post reviews?
Goodreads.com (if you purchased a physical book in a store or through me)
For the most part, retailers will only allow you to post reviews if they can verify that you bought the item from them (especially Amazon). So, to ensure your review gets posted online and entered into the contest, use Goodreads.com, which you can easily login to through your Facebook account, even if you've never used it before.
Enter multiple times
Post your review on multiple sites to get multiple entries. Just copy and paste the same review on each site you can (especially Amazon and Goodreads). Some sites may not allow you to post a review, unless you purchased the item from them. Be sure to tell me each place you posted a review, including your user name, so I can tell it was you.
** Review Content
- If you didn't like the book, say so. If you loved it, say so. If it was OK, say so. I'm not doing this for only positive reviews. I'm encouraging reviews of Don't Wait For Me - period.
- The review must be a text review - not just a star review. (i.e. 5 out of 5 stars) String a few sentences together about the book.
- If you know me, don't mention it. Amazon removes some reviews they think may be placed on behalf of the author. If your Amazon review doesn't come through - just use Goodreads. If you tell me you submitted it, but I can't see it, sorry, that's not an entry.
To give you chance to actually read the book, the deadline for reviews is January 31, 2013. You've got two months!
Get reading and email me the link to your review!